Planning Session Agenda
Crane Lake: Community Planning Session
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 ■ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
This session will generate the information and community guidance for the consultant team to produce the draft Crane Lake Community Action Plan for 2016-2020. The meeting will be facilitated by the consultant team.
Welcome and Introductions
This will include a brief review of background information and the planning process.
Purpose: Create the list of key opportunities for community strengthening and enhancement.
- Initial List
- Voyageurs National Park Investments in New Facilities
- Leveraging VNP Investments to Community Benefit
- Positioning and Marketing in a Changing Tourism Economy
- Water’s Edge DNR Property
- Borderland Resort Property
- Township-owned Property
- Recreational Trails
- Workforce Housing
- Community Beautification
- Community Discussion
- Review the list and add/delete/revise topics as determined by the whole group.
- Assign an initial priority to the final list of opportunities.
Actions to Realize Opportunities
Purpose: Define the actions to be taken by the community of Crane Lake to bring the key opportunities to fruition.
- Small group discussions:
- Each group discusses at least one of the key opportunities.
- Groups are to identify the community’s desired end results, and, the initial steps needed to be taken by the community to achieve them.
- Whole group discussion:
- Each small group presents its findings to the whole group.
Whole group discusses the findings with intent to obtain a rough level of consensus.
This is an opportunity to raise questions and discuss aspects of the planning process, implementation, and other related topics.