November 13, 2012: Board of Supervisors Meeting
TOWN OF CRANE LAKE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ MEETING
November 13, 2012
The November 13, 2012 Board of Supervisors’ Meeting was called to order by Chairman Jerry Pohlman at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall with the Pledge of Allegiance recited by those in attendance including: Supervisors Butch Eggen, Jim Janssen and Jerry Pohlman, Treasurer Terrie Hoff, and Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman.
Additions to the Agenda: There were none.
Minutes – A motion was made by Jim, supported by Butch, to approve the minutes of the 10/9/2012 Board of Supervisors’ Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Terrie read the October Cash Balances and presented the bills as follows: Lutefisk Tech. – $275.40 & $85.00; CNH – $119.00; Shirley Sanborn – $16.00; Shannon Bibeau – $112.00; Jill Crain – $104.00; Virginia Marshall – $104.00; Charlotte Bystrom – $104.00; CLVTB – $5,177.04; and Payroll – $619.18. A motion was made by Butch, supported by Jim, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as read and the payment of bills. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
The Clerk presented the correspondence. The correspondence was received as read and will be placed on file and acted upon as required.
Land Exchange/Community Property Project: Butch reported that MSA Professional Services has filed the Hazmat report and it has gone to the USFS for review. The Committee is still working to get mineral rights included in the title opinion for the USFS.
CLWSD Report: Rob Scott provided a written report to the Board.
- The plant continued to operate within MPCA standards for the month of October.
- The 2011 financial audit has been completed and all looks good.
- Grant funds are being requested from USDA-RD for engineering services for the Handberg Road Expansion.
- The District has started the formal arbitration process with RLK. The goal is to reach closure before the end of the year.
- The JPB met on October 24th and continues to work the Comprehensive Plan. There has been some movement to include the economic issues with the environmental impacts to the VNP Clean Water Project. When the Park was formed, there were assurances from VNP that there would be financial assistance for economic issues on the periphery as a result of establishing the Park. The District requests that the Township send a letter of support in obtaining funds to execute the completion of the Comprehensive Plan to the JPB. Rob will assist in writing the letter.
- There will be an item on the December CLWSD agenda requesting that the Township begin the process of incorporating the Sewer District into the Township.
A motion was made by Butch, supported by Jim, to write a letter of support in obtaining funds to execute the completion of the Comprehensive Plan to the JPB. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Assessor Status Report: MN Department of Revenue is currently reviewing the status of Jan’s work. The report has moved from the commissioner’s office to another entity at Revenue and it is expected to be ‘a number of months’ before the report becomes public. There were no new reports received.
DNR Public Water Access Proposal: The DNR’s response to the Township’s letter requesting an economic impact statement was received on October 30th. The DNR stated that they do not typically do a formal economic impact study of potential acquisitions.
Jacque Eggen Memorial Fund: There was nothing new to report.
Town of Crane Lake Board of Supervisors’ Meeting Minutes – November 13, 2012
CLWSD Board Appointment Posting: A motion was made by Jim, supported by Butch, to post the two openings on the CLWSD Board to be filled by January 1, 2013. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Other New Business: There was none.
Comments from Officers: Butch congratulated both Jerry Pohlman and Jo Ann Pohlman on their re-election to the Township Board and thanked all the voters and the election judges for their participation on election day.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – There were none.
Next Meeting: Board of Supervisors’ Meeting, December 11, 2012 – 7:30PM – Fellowship Hall
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:55PM.
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk Jerry Pohlman, Chairman
This draft of the Crane Lake Township minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the Crane Lake Board of Supervisors.