3/10/15 Annual Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF CRANE LAKE
March 10, 2015
The March 10, 2015 Annual Meeting was called to order by Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman at 7:35PM, at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall with the Pledge of Allegiance recited by those in attendance including: Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman and 9 members of the community.
Clerk Jo Ann explained the purpose of the Annual Meeting and reminded everyone that it is a public meeting, anyone may attend, but only eligible voters of the Town may act at the meeting. Voting was to be done by voice or show of hands.
Clerk Jo Ann asked for nominations for a Moderator. Ruth L. Carlson nominated Jeff Sanborn, with a second by Butch Eggen. Jo Ann asked for any other nominations three times. There being no other nominations, the nominations were closed. All voted in favor with Jeff Sanborn being nominated as Moderator.
Moderator Jeff stated the order of business by reading the Agenda.
There were no additions to the Agenda.
Minutes Approval – All attendees of the Annual Meeting received copies of the minutes for approval. Jeff asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes. There were none. A motion was made by Ruth L. Carlson, supported by Bruce Beste, to approve the minutes of the 3/11/14 Annual Meeting and the 2/10/15 Board of Audit Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Clerk Jo Ann read the following Treasurer’s Report for fiscal year 2014:
Opening Balance $ 119,780.10
Ending Balance $ 125,601.53
A motion was made by Ruth L. Carlson, supported by Jerry Pohlman, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as read. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Moderator Jeff asked if there was any other Old Business from the floor. There was none.
2015 Election Day Times & Location – A motion was made by Shirley Sanborn, supported by Ruth L. Carlson, that the polls would be open from 10AM – 8PM for all elections in 2015 at the Fellowship Hall. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
2016 Annual Meeting Date, Time, & Location – A motion was made by Butch Eggen, supported by Ruth L. Carlson, to set the 2016 Annual Meeting date and time for March 8, 2016 at 7:00PM at the Fellowship Hall. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
CLVTB Annual Summary Report: There was no report.
CLWSD Annual Summary Report: There was no report.
VNP Clean Water Project Annual Report: There was no report.
IJC/Water Board Report: There was no Report.
CLVSC Annual Summary Report: Jeff Sanborn reported for Mr. Cherrywell that it was a short season and any report would be sent to the Township.
Town of Crane Lake Annual Meeting Minutes 3/10/2015 – Page 2
CL Chapel Annual Summary Report: Board of Trustees Vice-Chair Shirley Sanborn reported the following:
- After only three years, Pastor Roger Parrish-Siggelkow was appointed to a new church. In June a new pastor, Barbara McKewin, was appointed to the United Methodist Mobile Ministry, which is comprised of the Kabetogama United Methodist Church and the Crane Lake Chapel. She has a very energetic personality which is evident in her services and everything else she does. (Sunday worship lasts 35 or 40 minutes).
- We did our usual fund raising events and hope that we can continue with them. We may have some problems since we are looking for a couple of new people to chair these events. Several have resigned and one or two have moved away.
- Easter is coming up and we will have a Good Friday Service and our usual 7:00 a.m. Son Rise serviced with a breakfast to follow. All are invited.
- Thank you for your generous contribution to our works.
Cook-Orr Healthcare District Annual Report: Town Representative Shirley Sanborn handed out the 2014 Annual Report and reported:
- I have recently finished my sixth year as your representative to the Cook-Orr Health Care District. I have learned a lot and enjoy serving.
- I am attaching this report to the Annual Report prepared by the staff at the Cook Hospital. They did an excellent job and I don’t think there is anything else I could add to it. There will be a few copies at the Post Office.
- I do have a few thoughts though. Both the Cook-News Herald and the Timberjay covered the retirement of Al Vogt who had been at the hospital for many years. First in the Laboratory and then as CEO. He will be missed. I think the board was very wise in picking Teresa Debevec as the new CEO. She also came up from the lab and has completed studies in hospital administration.
- If you have any questions about the hospital please feel free to contact me. If I don’t know the answers, I can contact someone who does.
CLVFD Annual Summary Report: Crane Lake Volunteer Fire Department Chief Jeff Sanborn reported:
- The Department had a very quiet year in 2014 with 0 runs.
- There were 15 EMS calls in 2014.
- Winter training occurs on day per week
- First Responder classes are scheduled for 2016.
- Volunteers are always needed. Call Jeff Sanborn to sign up.
Review Proposed Revenue & Expenditures – Clerk and Budget Committee member Jo Ann reviewed the proposed 2016 budget revenues and expenditures. Copies of the 2016 budget were distributed to everyone in attendance prior to the meeting. Jo Ann reviewed the proposed revenues of $174,681.00 and the proposed Township disbursements of $124,575.00 plus Fire Protection for $50,000.00; totaling $174,575.00. Jo Ann asked if there were any questions.
Moderator Jeff asked if there was any other New Business from the floor. There was none.
Moderator Jeff asked for a motion to either approve the 2015 levy request or recess the meeting. A motion was made by Ruth L. Carlson, supported by Shirley Sanborn, to approve the Township portion of the 2016 levy request of $50,000.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried. A motion was made by Ruth L. Carlson, supported by Butch Eggen, to approve the Fire Department portion of the 2016 levy request of $50,000. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:55PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk Jeff Sanborn, Moderator
This draft of the Crane Lake Township minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved.